Historical Society & Museum
August 10, 2011
Wells County Historical Museum
The Wells County Historical Museum is located at 420 West Market St., Bluffton, phone 824-9956. The home was built in 1882 by Alvin Stewart, who sold it to John Studabaker in 1892. It was John's home until his death in 1912. It became the Jahn Funeral Home and Goodwin Funeral Home from the 1920's until 1974. The Historical Society purchased the home from Ralph Jahn in 1974 for use as a museum. The structure is listed on the National and State Registers of Historical Places and contains thousands of mementos of Wells County History.
The officers of the Wells County Historical Society board are: Jim Sturgeon, president; Connie Brubaker, vice president; Marcia Hotopp, secretary; Dee Harrold, treasurer. Elected board members are: Barbara Elliott, Becky Behning, Bill Harris, Chuck King, Bernice Klausky, Tony Reiff, Nellie Sleppy, Pat Wall and Nancy Wagner.
The museum is open from 1 to 4 p.m. on Sundays, April through October and Wednesdays from 1 to 4 p.m., June to September.