Lawn mower fire spreads to structure

June 12, 2013 — By GLEN WERLING

Fire spread from a mower to the ceiling of a garage at 1027 W. Wabash St. Tuesday, prompting a call to the Bluffton Fire Department.
Firefighters were paged at 3:42 p.m. to the home of Bruce Monce. Monce’s daughter went to the garage and discovered a push mower inside was on fire. The fire had spread to the north wall to an area above the rafters and then proceeded to spread through a hole that was already in the roof of the garage. The fire then burned through an overhead power line.
Bluffton Utilities was contacted to turn off the electrical power.
No one was injured battling the blaze, although Wells County EMS was dispatched to the scene just in case someone might be injured.
Total damage was estimated at $6,000.
The fire closed Bond Street to traffic. Firefighters were on the scene until 5:15 p.m.
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Want to read the full article online? You may either:

Leave a Comment

View the News-Banner Archives for older news
AdamsWells PhoneBooks LLC
Online Poll

At this point in time, who is your favorite Democratic presidential candidate?

View results | View archived polls »